Sunday, February 4, 2007

Travel Log 2-4-07

Well, after my long day yesterday, I slept until about 9 AM. I guess I was tired. My original plan was to stay at the flat and take it easy, while doing laundry and some re-organizing of things. However, for some reason I remembered that it was the first Sunday of the month and that someone told me that the museums of Paris were free for the day. I couldn't resist it, I went on line and sure enough I found that it was true. After a quick breakfast and a note to my colleges about the discover, off I went. I decided that I would do the d'Orlay and the Musee d' Army as they were near each other and are pretty big so crowds shouldn't be an issue. Musee d'Orlay was first so that I could beat the crowd.

I was a bit shocked when I saw the Queue line, but it was moving so I got in line. The two ladies in front of me where a riot, they kept showing each other how to use their cell phones, I couldn't resist a picture. The wait was only 20 minutes and it was well worth it, after about 2 1/2 hours I had seen about half and was starting to get hungry, so I decided to go the Musee d'Army and find some lunch and see the sights.

As luck would have it, the Musee d'Army is not a national museum, so it was not free. Go figure, the Army museum is not national. Oh well. A quick consult of the map and I found that the Musee Rodin was right next door, I figured that it was worth a look and much to my surprise, it was free. Ten minutes in line and I was in, and again, well worth the wait. The gardens will be lovely in the spring and the sculptures are unbelievable. This is one of the must not miss items on my list for people when the visit.

Around 4PM I realized that I wouldn't get home in time to call Betty (sorry honey), but still had laundry to do and to catch up on my writing. So now it is 8PM, and the moon is out. I wonder what it looks like from the Eiffel Tower? One way to find out, see you latter, and watch for the pictures. As soon as I can figure out how to upload them, I have a ton to share.

Have a good week,
Robert

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Robert - It sounds like you're getting used to your surroundings. Is everyone else in your group being as adventurous? (I knew you wouldn't just sit around). I can't wait to see the pictures! I'll check again tomorrow to see if they're posted yet. Talk to you soon. Paula